- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- New Year's Resources
- Easter Resources
- Graduation Day
- Mother's Day
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts Books & Bibles
Vacation Bible School 2019
We understand Vacation Bible School is a major event in your church and that it is one of the greatest opportunities for outreach for all people, especially children and preschools. Even in our high tech environment, VBS continues to be one of the most fruitful special events in terms of both finding prospects and leading them to the Lord. We are here to help as you plan VBS 2019 in your church!
Does the responsibility for organizing your church’s summer Vacation Bible School program fall on your shoulders? If this is your first year of and you have no idea where to begin, or maybe you have lots of experience and look forward to checking out the new 2019 VBS programs – we’ve got what you're looking for with information and samples for each 2019 VBS Program, along with an online Easy Order Form of all products for each 2019 VBS Program and a general planning overview.
Compare the various programs by looking at samples, videos and other information in our 2019 VBS Program Overview here. Program Overview
Use the "Easy Order Form" links above to access our VBS Program product lists for Easy Ordering. Access our general overview we put together to help you create an outline for your planning schedule this year. General Planning Overview
The Vacation Bible School publishers have released their new VBS curriculum and we’d like to help you choose the best VBS for your needs. Beyond all the information offered here on our website, we would be glad to assist you personally with any additional questions you may have. Call or visit us in store today!
We offer all the new 2019 VBS programs from...
- Bible Point: God loves us all.
- Bible Story: Paul begins his second missionary journey. (Acts 15:36-16:5)
- Key Verse: "The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made." (Psalm 145:90)
- Bible Point: God loves us and takes care of us.
- Bible Story: Paul and Silas are put in prison.. (Acts 17:1-9)
- Key Verse: "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
- Bible Point: God loves us when others don’t!
- Bible Story: An angry mob searches for Paul and Silas (Acts 17: 1-9)
- Key Verse: "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Psalm 118:6)
- Bible Point: God loves us and sent his son, Jesus.
- Bible Story: Paul preaches about Jesus. (Acts 17: 16-34)
- Key Verse: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
- Bible Point: God loves us and wants us to share his love.
- Bible Story: Paul continues his journey (Acts 18:1-5)
- Key Verse: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another." (John 13:34)
Athens Ultimate Director Go-To Guide®
Contains everything you need to plan a successful program, recruit and train volunteers, publicize your program, and follow up with families after the big event.
Provide easy instructions for specific roles at your Athens VBS. Each manual includes an overview of each day’s Bible content, historical backgrounds, step-by-step directions for each activity, and guided discussion question.
Helpful DVDs & CDs
Feature training resources, clip art and marketing tools that make it easy to inspire and educate your church body. The Decorating Places DVD gives you detailed instructions to create your Athens setting—and the Celebration Music CD will have your kids in celebration mode all week long.
Including Bible Memory Makers and Marketplace samples, to keep kids talking about Athens throughout their VBS experience and long after they leave your church event.
Packed with tons of resources to help you make Athens an easy-to-plan and unforgettable VBS event.
- Bible Point: When life is unfair…God is good.
- Bible Story: The Israelites are slaves for the Egyptians (Exodus 1; 5; 6)
- Key Verse: "The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes." (Nahum 1:7)
- Bible Point: When life is scary…God is good.
- Bible Story: God sends plagues on Egypt (Exodus 7:14-12:32)
- Key Verse: "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me." (Psalm 23:4)
- Bible Point: When life is changes…God is good.
- Bible Story: The Israelites enter the wilderness (Exodus 14-17)
- Key Verse: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." (Psalm 106:1)
- Bible Point: When life is sad…God is good.
- Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life. (John 16-21)
- Key Verse: "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted." (Psalm 34:18)
- Bible Point: When life is good…God is good.
- Bible Story: The Israelites build a memorial too remember God’s goodness. (Exodus 1; 5; 6)
- Key Verse: "Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious." (Nehemiah 4:14)
Roar Ultimate Director Go-To Guide®
Contains everything you need to plan a successful program, recruit and train volunteers, publicize your program, and follow up with families after the big event.
Station Leader Manuals
Provide easy instructions for specific roles at your Roar VBS. Each manual includes an overview of each day’s Bible content, historical backgrounds, step-by-step directions for each activity, and guided discussion questions.
Helpful DVDs and CDs
Feature training resources, clip art and marketing tools that make it easy to inspire and educate your church body. The Decorating Places DVD gives you detailed instructions to create your Roar setting—and the Sing & Play CD will have your kids in celebration mode all week long.
The ALL-NEW Bible Memory Buddies, Student Take-Home (TBD) and Imagination Station samples, will keep kids talking about Roar throughout their VBS experience and long after they leave your church event.
Packed with tons of resources to help you make Roar an easy-to-plan, Bible-rich, unforgettable VBS event.
Yee Haw Weekend
Your Starter Kit comes filled with everything you need to start planning a truly memorable Yee-Haw vacation Bible school. The Director Manual and Leader Manuals provide step-by-step instructions. Plus, you’ll get student resource samples, volunteer resources, a Yee-Haw catalog packed with program products, and essential media tools.
Bible Point: God gives good gifts
Theme Verse: "For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
Day 1 Bible Story: God sends Jesus to earth (Luke 2:1-20)
Day 2 Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life. (John 16-21)
Each day includes:
- Moo-sic & More: Start the day together, singing a fun mix of classic worship songs and brand-new praise songs.
- CBible Adventures: Kids experience the Bible in active, hands-on ways, and then circle up with crews for thought-provoking discussions.
- Projects-With-A-Purpose: Kids shine Jesus’ light by making special gifts for others in their church, their community, and the world.
- Saddle-Up Sports: Kids run, jump, and even splash through games that connect with the daily Bible verse.
- Closing Corral: Dramatic and crowd-involving activities help everyone remember and apply each day's Bible Point and Bible verse.
- Sunday Celebration: This 20-minute Sunday Celebration gets the whole congregation involved.
To Mars And Beyond
Theme Bible Verse: "Glory to God, who is able to do far beyond all that we could ask or imagine by his power at work within us." — Ephesians 3:20, CEB
- Go Beyond with Faith! Daniel Trusts God in the Lions’ Den (Daniel 6)
- Go Beyond with Boldness! Queen Ester Takes a Stand (Esther 4-9)
- Go Beyond with Kindness! The Good Samaritan Helps a Fellow Traveler (Luke 10:25-37)
- Go Beyond with Thankfulness! Jesus Heals 10 Lepers (Luke 17:11-19)
- Go Beyond with Hope! Jesus Comforts Friends on the Way to Emmaus (Matthew 24:13-35)
Theme Bible Verse: "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was going to receive as an inheritance. He went out without knowing where he was going." — Hebrews 11:8, CEB
- Bible Lesson: Remembering a Dream!—After a dream Jacob sets a stone as a reminder of where he met God. (Genesis 28: 10-22)
- Memory Verse: "The Lord is definitely in this place." (Genesis 28:16)
- Bible Lesson: Crossing the River!—After crossing the River Jordan into the Promised Land, the Hebrew children built a memorial of stones. (Joshua 4: 20-24)
- Memory Verse: "These stones will be an enduring memorial." (Judges 4:7)
- Bible Lesson: A New Song!—The psalmist encourages new music to praise God. (Psalm 149; Hebrews 4:12)
- Memory Verse: "Sing to the Lord a new song!" (Psalm 149:1)
- Bible Lesson: For All People!—Jesus declares that God’s house is a place of prayer for all people. (Mark 11: 15-19)
- Memory Verse: "My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations." (Mark 11:17; Isaiah 58:7)
- Bible Lesson: Living Monuments!!—Peter writes about the building blocks of Christian character. (1 Peter 2:4-6; 2 Peter 1:5-8)
- Memory Verse: "Now you are coming to him as a living stone." (1 Peter 2:4)
If this is your first year coordinating your Vacation Bible School Program, CONGRATULATIONS! You've got many of tasks ahead of you but the reward at the end will be more than worth it.
We have put together a general overview to help you create an outline for your planning schedule this year. Remember that you were specially chosen to play this role and we know you can do it!
VBS Planning Outline & Timeline
6-9 Months before your VBS is the time to start putting Vacation Bible School on your radar. You will want to establish the foundations of your program. Also consider including Preschoolers (2-5 year olds) in your VBS. You may want to run a separate preschool program for your little ones (same hours). The preschoolers can join the other children for your opening and then the younger children can have their own learning centers, games and age-appropriate crafts for the rest of the morning.
- Begin praying for your VBS program. You may want to organize a prayer team.
- Choose your dates and time for you VBS. Put them on the church calendar early.
- Choose a VBS Director.
- Choose a VBS Theme and Purchase your VBS Starter kit so you can begin planning.
Several Months (3-6) before your VBS get your VBS leadership team together to estimate your attendance and set dates for the program. Go ahead and publicize the dates to your congregation and to our bookstore so you can get plenty of volunteers and find out how to get the word out in the community. At this point start looking at what materials you will need for your VBS program and order your VBS materials before they are sold out, they do go quickly. Having your team brainstorm together now helps you understand which things that will need longer preparation time, put together and distribute teacher materials and begin compiling registration lists.
- Set a budget for your VBS program
- Recruit key leaders – Music, Snacks, Games, Bible story teacher.
- Plan publicity for your VBS – community outreach could include signage, door to door flyers, radio spots.
- Put together a list of supplies you'll need.
- Order all of your publicity, decorating, leaders manuals and teaching supplies.
Setting Goals: Staff should give thought to establishing the goals of the VBS program:
- What objectives should be met for the program to be considered successful?
- Who do you expect to participate — children at what ages; youth; family units?
- Is God calling you to reach out in new ways to a new segment of the community?
- Are you planning a week to enrich the church children's understanding of the Bible? Or is it to reach out to new people in and fun and inspiring way?
- Is the program to be an outreach to the community?
A couple of months (2-3) before your VBS you will want to start distributing registration forms, create daily schedules for VBS Week, start your publicity to the congregation and community, fill all the teaching staff positions and start training your team! Make sure you have the contact information – phone numbers, email addresses and names – of the people that will be teaching and anyone who volunteers to create things.
- Plan and schedule a VBS staff training meeting to be held 4-6 weeks prior to VBS.
- Begin recruiting additional leaders and support staff.
- Explore your church facilities to determine what areas you will need.
- Estimate your VBS enrollment. Use figures from Sunday school or last year’s VBS.
- Order student supplies if you have not already done so.
As you Recruit, look for leaders and teachers with the following qualifications:
- Dedicated Christians who seek to live for Christ daily, who study God's word, and who know the plan of salvation – suitable role models for children
- People tuned in to kids, able to build upon their natural interests and who will enjoy sharing in the children's joy of discovery
- Warm, outgoing, having a genuine love and sensitivity for children, understanding them in terms of their physical, mental, and emotional development, and their spiritual needs
- One who will appreciate and seek to follow God's command to teach children, demonstrating this by being reliable and disciplined to prepare for each day of VBS
About a month (4-6 weeks) before your VBS continue to maintain your list of registered students and stay alert to any staffing adjustments needed as you finish up the details of the schedule for your VBS Week. Follow-up with any items you have outstanding and touch base with your VBS teachers to make sure they have what they need for that week.
- Begin pre-registration.
- Hold the scheduled VBS staff training meeting.
- Meet with key leaders.
- Check your registration weekly and order any extra supplies you may need. Remember these item sell out fast.
One week before VBS will begin your final setup up before the big event – decorations, registration tables, signs, sorting craft and game supplies to the right rooms. Now you should run a check of student count versus your materials. Remember you will have last minute people show up. Provide teachers with current information about their classes including rosters and prepare any packets you will provide to the parents. Assign a place and time for all VBS staff to meet prior to each session for prayer.
The Day before your VBS begins run a final check of supplies (are the pencils sharpened?) and rooms. Then take a breath and start praying for all the kids, families and volunteers that will be involved with your VBS this week.
First Day of VBS make sure you arrive early — take time for more prayer with your teams and even in the stress remember to celebrate the opportunities to witness. Especially early in the week, watch for rough spots needing adjustment the next day and after the children leave, brief staff meeting to catch loose ends. And don't forget to take lots of pictures! Each day, continue to pray for God to move in the hearts of your children. Things that should be modified for next year, make note of in a place you will remember to pass it on the next year. And remember to have fun!
After you wrap up Evaluation: It's a good idea to collect evaluations and suggestions from the staff for future kids events at the church. Before your VBS ends, Have thank you notes and evaluation forms ready for your helpers. Make sure you display photographs for congregation and get a list to the Kids Church teachers, especially for families that came and are not already affiliated with the church so they can remember them when they show up for regular services. Be sure to let your volunteers know how much they helped to make VBS 2019 the best ever. While they're still excited about the great things that happened during VBS, ask if they would be willing to consider being a part of the team next year. (Just to get an idea, not for a firm commitment.) Then follow up just as soon as you set the next date to have them start praying about volunteering for your next VBS program.
If you need help, we have a great staff ready to serve you both online and in the store. You can find other supplies, like prices for games or attendance and Bibles for new believers in our stores as well.
We know you will have a great 2019 Vacation Bible School experience!